Tuesday, June 9, 2009

God Sightings

This week in V.B.S. we have been talking about God sightings... Well today I had one. This past Sunday after Church we saw one of my favorite people... my ob. I know so weird. (By the way I am pregnant and I had him down as my emergency doctor for medicaid. Phillip lost his job right before we found out, so our health insurance expired.) Anyway we had called the diagnostic clinic to see if he took medicaid and they told us he didn't. So we went to a nurse practitioner who is great... but she isn't my doctor. I have been through a lot with this man. After I had my second miscarriage he called me at home himself to check on me. Plus he stayed at the hospital till one in the morning to deliever Nathan and he wasn't even on call. Anyway all of this just to say he is very special to us. Phillip adores him too. Well we saw him Sunday afternoon while driving and he told his nurse on monday to call and check on me. He said that seeing us was God's way of telling him he needed to call us. We were out of the house when she called and so I returned her call today. Turns out they thought I was upset with them for some reason and they were calling to make sure everything was ok. After I explained that we are now semi-poor and they didn't take medicaid. The air was cleared. She then told me that I should have asked to speak with her and that they would love to have me. So now I have an appointment scheduled to see him next Wednesday. I know this seems insane for me to be so excited over a doctor but we love Dr. Yancey.

3 comments:

  1. I'm the first to comment! Yay me! Welcome! Now we need Jessi to join.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I would have been the first but the comment thread was not showing up. Yea and very cool about Dr yancy! I know you feel better now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment! Ethan is definately unique!!

    ReplyDelete